SO YOU WANT TO BE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT?
Air Canada rouge, Canada's new stylishly affordable leisure
airline, seeks similarly minded (and styled) service crew.
If you're tired of simply daydreaming about travel, get on board.
We're looking for people who love two things: travel, and other people (especially kids!). We value the talent and enthusiasm of those who can work together on a team to deliver our unique, fun, and fresh brand promise to customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Canada, Air Canada rouge travels to exciting destinations in Europe and the Caribbean, offering safe, reliable and efficient service to those who favor leisure travel without compromising style nor price.
So pop on those rouge coloured glasses and join our team if you have the desire to:
- grow with Air Canada rouge, taking your work experience to new heights.
- work within a strong, collaborative network of diverse and experienced team members
- foster your creative thinking skills, and be rewarded for a job well done
- shape the early impressions of Air Canada rouge for our employees, our stakeholders, and our customers
- travel to exotic destinations in Europe and the Caribbean, alongside like-minded coworkers and customers, who may soon become friends.
- At least 18 years old
- Possess a high school graduation diploma or equivalent
- Able to meet medical standards
- Able to obtain Transport Canada’s Security clearance
- Hold a valid canadian passport without restrictions
- Able to easily and quickly access the internet as a main communication platform
- Successfully complete our service and safety training program
- Be able to reach the airport within 90 minutes following our call.
- Good physical and mental health, given the safety requirements and the demands of working within a pressurized cabin environment at high altitude.
Other valued skills and experience and traits include:
- Previous direct customer service experience in a team environment (e.g. bar/hotel industry, day camp, retail, volunteering, etc)
- Outside interests that promote and develop leadership
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Easily adaptable to change and an evolving work environment
- Fluency in French and English is preferred
- A third language such as Italian, Spanish or Greek is a strong asset
- Comfortable working in a technology-driven industry
Primary flight attendant responsibilities include:
- Preparing the aircraft for customer boarding and ensuring a keen awareness of the service and safety plan for the flight
- Being well trained and prepared to share information with customers through one on one communications and general intercom announcements in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- Welcoming customers and engaging with them throughout the flight to create a comfortable, friendly environment
- Ensuring mandatory safety procedures are followed
- Liaising with the flight deck crew (pilots) to ensure a smooth and well operated flight with excellent customer communications
- Snack, meal and beverage service and the sale of duty free items and onboard products
- Operation of and assistance with the inflight entertainment system
- Assisting customers with a variety of needs including carry on baggage stowage, seating arrangements, general comfort (nervous flyers, families, etc)
- Full preparedness to handle on board incidents and emergencies
- Full preparedness to handle a medical incident or emergency, including providing First Aid as required
- Ensuring the general orderliness of the aircraft
- Ensuring customer feedback is shared with management and taking an active role in helping management operate and evolve Air Canada rouge to provide the best possible customer experience.
- Completing and submitting required safety reports.